|Packages Tours in south India: South India Tour
Day 1 : Cochin
- Ernakulam (Cochin) is located on the coast of the Arabian Sea with Kumarakom and Allapuzha districts on the South, Idukki on the East and Thrissur on the North. The commercial capital and the most cosmopolitan city of Kerala, Kochi, in ernakulam, is also known as the Queen of the Arabian Sea. With one of the finest natural barbours in the world, this was once a manor centre of commerce and trace with the british, arabs, chinese, portuguese, dutch etc.
- On arrival Traditional Welcome & Transfer To Hotel.
- Overnight at hotel
Day 2 : Periyar
- The very sound of the word thekkady conjures up images of elephants, unending chains of hills and spice scented plantations. In the periyar forest of thekkady is one of the finest wildlife reserves in india, and spread across the entire district are picturesque plantations and hill towns that hold great opportunities for treks and mountain walks.
- Cochin-Periyar : Periyar half day city tour visiting fort Cochin.
- Pm boat cruise to see the 7 Islands of Cochin & beautiful Sunset at Chinese fishing nets .
- Later drive to Periya, overnight at hotel.
Day 3 : Madurai
Day 4 : Trichy
- Madurai or the "city of nectar" is the oldest and second largest city of Tamil Nadu. This city is located on Vaigai River and was the capital of Pandyan rulers till the 14th century. The Pandyan king, Kulasekhara had built a gorgeous temple around which he created a lotus shaped city. Mythology says when city was being named; Lord Shiva blessed the city and its people. On the auspicious occasion some Divine nectar ("Madhu") fell from the matted locks of Shiva and hence the city was named "Madhurapuri". This sacred town of south attracts thousands of pilgrims and visitors from India as well as abroad.
- Periyar-Madurai: Am boat ride on the Periyar Lake & drive to Madurai.
- Overnight At Hotel.
Day 5 : Thanjavur
- Situated in Tiruchirappalli district, on the banks of the River Kaveri (also spelt as Cauvery) is Tiruchirappalli, a city known for its educational institutions, industries, and temples. It is shortly called as "Tiruchi" or "Trichy".
Trichy is the district headquarters of the district of Tiruchirappalli and has its name for tourist attraction. The city is a thriving commercial centre in Tamil Nadu and is famous for artificial diamonds, cigars, handloom cloth, glass bangles and wooden and clay toys.
- Madurai- Trichy city tour visiting famous Meenakshi Temple & Tirumalai Nayak palace & later drive to Trichy .
- Overnight at hotel.
Day 6 : Mahabalipuram
- The Brihadeeswara Temple in Thanjavur is an architectural wonder and reflects the artistic skills of the erstwhile Chola rulers who ruled peninsular India in the early medieval period. Built by the Chola king Rajaraja I in the 11th century, it is one of the tallest temples in the world. It was so designed that the Vimana never casts a shadow at noon at any part of the year.
- Trichy - Thanjavar half day city tour & later drive to Thanjavar.
- Overnight at hotel.
Day 7 : Mahabalipuram-Chennai
- The history of Mahabalipuram dates back to two thousand years, it contains nearly forty monuments of different types including an "open air bas relief" which is the largest in the world, for centuries it has been a centre of pilgrimage, it figures in the early annals of the British search for the picturesque in India in the 18th century, today it attracts shoals of foreigners in search of relaxation and sea bathing, and most strange of all, it has an atomic power plant for neighbour. A small library has been written on it. Over its history and that of its monuments a number of scholarly controversies rage.
- Mahabalipuram was already a centre of pilgrimage when, in the 7th century Mamalla made it a seaport and began to make temples fashioned of rock. It was through Mahabalipuram that many Indian colonists, who included sages and artists, migrated to Southeast Asia. Sri Lanka's national chronicle, the "Mahavamsa" testifies to this fact.
- Thanjavar-Mahabalipuram half day city tour & later drive to Mahabalipuram.
- Overnight At Hotel.
- visit to Shore Temple, Arjuna's temple, ganesh Ratha, Trimurti, Cave Temple, Madapams, Five rathas, Beach.
- Later drive to Chennai to connect your flight
Enquiry form for package tour in south and all over India